5 of the thinnest laptops in the world
Laptop computers are getting slimmer by the day, and it’s only a couple of years before they become as thin as chips. It’s been years since the MacBook Air and Ultrabook came out, and they have left a wave of slim laptop computers in their wake.
There’s been a fresh attempt to make these high-end notebooks an object of desire. The result? Thin machines. Here are some of the thinnest laptops in the world.
- Samsung Notebook 9: The thickness of this laptop is 0.53 inches. Samsung’s Notebook 9 starts at USD 1,000 and is one of the better values in this list. For a price this low, you get a decent 256GB of storage, a robust Core i5 processor, and at 1.9 lbs, the lightest frame you will find.
- Lenovo Yoga 900s: The thickness of this laptop is 0.5 inches. With its intricate looking hinge and classy colors, the Yoga 900s is quite a looker. It has a convertible display, making it the most versatile option in this list. You can bend it back into a 12.5-inch tablet. However, for a laptop computer with a decent Core M processor, the Lenovo Yoga 900s is a bit pricey.
- HP Envy: The thickness of this laptop is 0.51 inches. Starting at USD 800, the Envy is the very first of the HP laptop computers that circle the half-inch mark. This one won’t kill your purse, but several reviews suggest it’s not remarkable in comparison to its competition.
- HP Chromebook 13: The thickness of this laptop is 0.5 inches. At just USD 500, the HP Chromebook 13 has some cool specs and a streamlined design that makes it worth every cent. The device is based on the Chrome OS.
- Apple MacBook: The thickness of this laptop is 0.52 inches. Apple’s 12-inch MacBook looks nice. Its mega-flush keyboard and 2-lb body may well be the future of laptop computers. However, its average performance and single USB-C port make it too underwhelming a deal with a price tag of USD 1,270.
If this list proves anything, it’s that our notebooks are getting thinner every year, and we can only wait to see how far this goes.