Side effects of male enhancement pills
Male enhancement pills can serve problems ranging from erectile dysfunction, loss of libido and for small penis size. Though medicines for improving sexual function are available through prescription; the ones for increasing penis size are not regulated and available illegally.
All medicines can produce side effects.
Side Effects of Prescription Pills
If you take prescription male enhancement pills, you can still expect a few side effects. Your doctor will likely tell you about potential problems from any medicine for treating sexual dysfunctions such as erection problems.
Some common side effects can be –
- Body pain
- Vision change
Prescription drugs can also produce severe side effects on rare occasions, such as –
- Vision loss
- Changes in hearing
- Abnormally long-lasting erections (medically known as priapism)
Side Effects of Herbal Pills/Nonprescription Pills
The name ‘herbal’ can be misleading here as these nonprescription pills can produce many side effects. Nonprescription pills for male enhancement are also available with other ingredients that are not herbal.
These side effects can be –
- Heart palpitations
- High blood pressure
- Allergic reactions like hives, skin swelling
Side effects from male enhancement medicines can occur for many reasons, such as –
- Harmful or unregulated ingredients in the drugs can cause instant reactions or lead to problems with long-term use.
- Drug interactions can occur with any medicine. You may use the best male enhancement pill and still experience side effects. The drugs can interact with your other medicines or food.
- Users with certain pre-existing medical conditions such as heart problems can experience severe side effects from any nonprescription or prescription medicine.
- Even the wrong dosage of sexual supplements can produce side effects that can be potentially dangerous.
- Some harmful ingredients in these pills can also be fatal when used without care.
For your protection, it is best to refrain from using nonprescription sexual health medicines. If you have a genuine sexual concern such as premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction, your doctor can prescribe you with the best male enhancement medications and also advise you about minimising the side effects.